OF THE BALKAN QUADRINNALE OF PAINTING
The Balkan Quadrinnale of Painting, which is conducted in Stara Zagora, is a competition for contemporary painting, devoted to “Myths and Legends of my People”.
It is organized every four years (i.e. every leap year). Its second issue will be opened in December 2008.
All painters are welcome to participate with artistic works, devoted to the mythology of their or other countries upon condition that they accept the provisions of this Statute.
1. Organizers of the Balkan Quadrinnale of Painting “Myths and Legends of my People” – Stara Zagora, /BQP/ are the Art Gallery (AG) of Stara Zagora, Stara Zagora Municipality, the Ministry of Culture (MC), the Union of the Bulgarian Artists (UBA).
2. The Balkan Quadrinnale of Painting “Myths and Legends of my People” – Stara Zagora, will be organized under the patronage of the Mayor of Stara Zagora Municipality.
3. An Organizing Committee will be established for the preparation and organization of the Quadrinnale whose members will be coordinated with MC, UBA and AG, and shall be approved by the Mayor of Stara Zagora municipality. The operative work of BQP shall be undertaken by the Art Gallery of Stara Zagora and associates.
4. The entire activity for the preparation and realization of BQP will be funded by an approved budget and by additional means, provided by sponsors, advertisers, etc.
5. The prizes of BQP will be determined by a jury, proposed by UBA and MC and will be approved with an order of the Mayor of Stara Zagora municipality.
6. The exposition of the Balkan Quadrinnale of Painting “Myths and Legends of my People” – Stara Zagora, will be arranged in the halls of the Art Gallery – Stara Zagora. Opening of the exposition – 15 December 2008, 18:00 o’clock.
7. The presentation of BQP will be accompanied by a complete catalogue of the works, participating in the exposition.
1. The great award – a prize, a Diploma, an independent exposition next year and 2500 Euro.
2. The award of Stara Zagora – a Diploma and 1500 Euro.
3. Six prizes on the name of the sponsors with a total prize funding of EUR 8000.
The awarded works will remain in the fund of the Art Gallery – Stara Zagora.
D. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Painters – artists from all countries (countries outside the Balkans inclusive) are eligible to participate upon condition that they accept the provisions of this Statute.
2. Work languages of the Quadrinnale will be Bulgarian and English.
3. Deadline to receive the works – 10 November 2008; Address – Art Gallery Stara Zagora, 27 Ruski Blvd., 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria; For contacts: Tel: /+359-42/ 62 28 43; Fax: /+359-42/ 62 23 80; The terms and conditions for participation and information for the organization, selection, awarded works, etc. will be available in http://www.art-sz.com. The authors will not be informed personally for the results of the competition.
4. Each author is eligible to participate with maximum two works.
5. The presented works shall be originals and shall be possession of the author.
6. Only works of painting shall be accepted. Technique and material – optional. The overall sizes of the works shall not exceed 150 cm of the long side.
7. On the back of the work the author shall put down /in Bulgarian or in English/ his/her name, the name of the work, the year of creation, material.
8. Each author shall send his/her works together with a completed free-style participation form, in which in printed letters he/she shall write down:
a/ Family name, surname, proper name
b/ Date of birth
c/ Full and correct address – street, city, country.
d/ Explicit declaration whether he/she donates his/her work or demands its return to the specified address.
9. The works shall be sent by mail or submitted personally at the account of the author.
10. The works shall be received free Stara Zagora. The organizers will not transport works, dispatched to another final destination.
11. The organizers guarantee the security of the received works and do not undertake liability for works, lost or damaged during transportation.
12. The organizers are obliged to return the works, not declared to be donations, within a term of four months after closing the exposition upon condition that another country will not host the exposition.
13. Each participant in the Quadrinnale will receive a free catalogue of the exposition and a certificate for participation.
14. The complete list of the participants and the reproductions of their works will be presented in the website of the Quadrinnale.
15. The Organizing Committee of BQP reserves the right to reproduce the awarded works and to publish them in its editions.
Upon demand of the Central unions and guilds of the artists from the countries with high number of participants, the exposition /after its presentation in Stara Zagora/ might be displayed in the respective country as well, as the costs for presentation, transportation and organization of the exposition shall be undertaken by the respective center upon the explicit condition to be presented as a Balkan Quadrinnale of Painting “The Myths and Legends of my People” – Stara Zagora, 2008.
The Quadrinnale Prize - 2008